Tuesday, July 12, 2011

BP2_FlipSnack

I recently chose to use a Web 2.0 tool called FlipSnack to create a simple flip book.  I think this could be a really neat tool to use in my classroom.  Students could utilize this tool to create their own flip books on course content.  FlipSnacks seemed to be fairly easy to use, I only used it for a little while and create a very short example of what its capable of.

I think teachers at almost any level could find a way to incorporate this into their classrooms whether it was to present some material or to have students complete an assignment where they create their own flip books!

Here is a brief overview of FlipSnack and how easy it was to use:

FlipSnack had a simple and free registration process.  You just need a working email to confirm the registration and activate the account.




I used Pages to create some PDFs I could use in my flip book.  I used to quotes I found on the Internet that I liked.  I also looked through my Microsoft Clip art and converted a few of the image JPEGs to PDFs.  FlipSnack uses PDFs so you'll have to convert files you want to use into that format.  It is very easy and would be a good opportunity for teachers to show students how to do this.




The upload was simple and I had my flip book content ready in no time.  There is an area to personalize the color, sizes, etc for your flip book.  Click finish and you have a beautiful professional looking book to share.



Check out my first shot at FlipSnack called Knowledge, Intelligence, and Hard Work.  

Try this tool out for yourself at FlipSnack.com

Happy FlipSnacking!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie,

    I thought this tool was very neat! What a cool concept and one that I'm sure learners of all ages would enjoy! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete